Friday, April 17, 2009

Simple Pleasures for 4/17/09

My Simple Pleasures list is something I would like to start as sort of a "gratitude" journal of the little things that make me happy. I have read that we should stop daily and try to remember and be grateful for 5 things that made us happy that day. It is so easy to be negative and bitter and complaining but it is so much more joyful to focus on the positive things that warm our heart and help to make us a better person.

1). the new issue of Martha Stewart Living magazine
2). A trip to the library and coming home with a new stack of books : )
3). a spring breeze
4). a gentlemen who held the door open for me at the post office
5). freshly laundred bed linens

1 comment:

Sandy said...

Thank you for stopping in for a visit and for you sweet comment. I love your positive attitude. It is so true that we can be grateful for even the smallest of things. Your list shows that you have a tender heart full of gratitude! Have a sweet Saturday!