Saturday, September 27, 2008

Sadness

This morning as I was sitting outside, enjoying a beautiful fall morning after work, I was inspired to post a blog. Everything seemed right with the world. Then, my perfect morning came crashing down. I logged on to my blog and there on the front page I saw it: Paul Newman dies at age 83. I knew for a while that he was sick with cancer. I last saw a picture of him in People magazine a couple of months ago and he was skin and bone. I knew then that it would not be long. I am deeply saddened. For as long as I can remember he was my favorite actor and star. He had such a striking personality and easy way about him. His suave coolness and his love for the environment and charity made him easy to love and admire. I always thought of the roles he played as a nothing to lose, all out. He had strength, charisma, courage, striking good looks and a big heart. I will never forget him and he will always be my favorite. He will greatly be missed. There will never be another like him. 

No comments: