Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Passing Time

Things I enjoy that pass the time: browsing bookstores for hours, reading, sitting in a cafe sipping coffee or tea, listening to beautiful music, watching old movies, daydreaming.

I have been out of work for the summer. It has been emotionally draining. This is the first time in my career I have been out of work. I have been on countless interviews that all end the same. "Sorry we are looking for someone with more experience" . The age old question I want to ask them is " How do I get experience if everyone is looking for experience?"

So, I spend my days wanting to at least look productive. With nothing much to do that is a hard task. No money also limits your choices. So, I read, daydream, watch old movies and do the mundane life management tasks. It is a battle to not become numb. That is what I am fighting. I want to keep my mind alive and energetic. I do not want to become stale and crusty.

No comments: